Goole, submit your art!
The 6th Annual Goole Open Art Exhibition is open for entries between Monday 3 June to Saturday 8 June. The Open Art Exhibition is a celebration of local talent. It is free to enter. Read the terms and conditions for entry, download the entry form and drop off your entry to Goole Museum by 3.30pm On Saturday 8 June.
Don't have a printer at home? You can use Click Print Go at East Riding Libraries to print the entry form and your labels.Download entry form Visit Goole
Image: Detail Jane Beharrell, winner of the 2016 People's Choice Award.
Terms and conditions of entry
- The Goole Open Art Exhibition is open to all artists resident within Goole and the surrounding area.
- Each artist may submit up to two original works in any medium.
- All two-dimensional work must be framed or on a stretched canvas. The frame must be suitable to screw fixings into. The gallery provides suitable picture fixings. Please do not attach any fixings to your work. You must remove any existing fixings. We will not be able to accept any works that have been inappropriately framed or mounted
- All entries must have two labels. Labels should clearly state artistâ€™s name, artwork title, medium use and, if applicable, price of the artwork. One label must be taped flat to the back of the work, the other label attached to string, which is securely attached to the work and left dangling. We cannot accept work without labels.
- All work must be delivered to Goole Museum, with an accompanying entry form.
- Dropping off dates for entries are 4 to 8 June 2019, inclusive.
- If you wish to sell your work you will be appointing East Riding of Yorkshire Council as your agent. The work will be sold at the price indicated on the entry form. You will be charged 23.5% commission. For example, on a painting sold for £100, the artist receives £76.50.
- The East Riding of Yorkshire Council can accept no liability for loss or damage to works submitted for the Open Art Exhibition. You are advised to arrange your own insurance for any artwork submissions. Our staff take every care over work submitted but we recommend you avoid submitting works with unprotected surfaces, elaborate frame, and such.
- A selection panel will choose the works for exhibition. The decision of the panel will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- After the exhibition all work can be collected between 10.30am and 4pm from Wednesday 4 September 2019. Works must be delivered and collected between 10.30am and 4.00pm unless otherwise indicated. If artworks (other than sold items) are not collected within one month of the exhibition, then under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 they can legally become the property of Goole Museum who may dispose of them as they see fit.