East Riding, submit your art!
The 22nd Annual Open Art Exhibition at the Beverley Art Gallery is open for entries between Saturday 16 November and Saturday 23 November 2019. The Open Art Exhibition is a celebration of local talent from across Hull and East Riding. It costs £3 per artwork to enter. Read the terms and conditions for entry, complete the entry form and drop off your entry to Beverley Art Gallery during the submission week.
Pick up an entry form from Treasure House Museum and Beverley Art Gallery at any time or download and print your own. Don't have a printer at home? You can use Click Print Go at East Riding Libraries to print the entry form and your labels.Download entry form Visit Beverley Art Gallery
Image: Detail Jane Beharrell, winner of the 2016 People's Choice Award.
Terms and conditions of entry
- Open to all artists resident in the East Riding of Yorkshire and Hull.
- Each artist may submit one original piece of work in any medium. It can be two or three dimensional.
- All two dimensional work must be framed or on a stretched canvas. Clip frames are NOT acceptable. The gallery provides suitable picture fixings. Please DO NOT attach any fixings to your work and remove any existing fixings. Works on paper should be framed. For reasons of security, frames should not be less than half an inch wide at the back where the Gallery can attach mirror plates for hanging. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT WORKS THAT HAVE BEEN INAPPROPRIATELY FRAMED OR MOUNTED.
- All entries must have two labels. Please attach two labels to your work giving the artist's name, title, medium and price. One label must be taped flat to the back of the work; the second label should be securely attached to a piece of string, which is securely attached to the work and left dangling. WE CANNOT ACCEPT WORK WITHOUT LABELS.
- All entries must be the artist's own original work and not copies or prints (unless a fine art print). Works must not have been exhibited in any of our Open Art exhibitions before.We will give priority to work produced within the last two years.
- All work must be delivered to Beverley Art Gallery, with an accompanying entry form.
- If you have any queries regarding the eligibility of your work please contact the Reception desk in the first instance (01482) 392782.
- A non-returnable entry fee of £3 PER ART WORK will be charged to assist with administrative costs whether or not your work is accepted.
- If you wish to sell your work, you will be appointing East Riding of Yorkshire Council as your agent. The work will be sold at the price stated on your entry form. You will be charged a 23.5 per cent commission, so for example on a painting sold for £100 the artist will receive £76.50.
- PLEASE NOTE THIS CHANGE IN OUR POLICY: East Riding of Yorkshire Council can accept NO LIABILITY for loss of or damage to works submitted for exhibition. You are advised to arrange your own insurance for any artwork submissions. Our staff take every care over work submitted but we recommend you avoid submitting works with unprotected surfaces, elaborate frames, and such.
- Appointed judges will select the works for the exhibition. Their decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.